The Honda CRF450RL is a great dual sport bike, but out of the box, it lacks carrying capacity for longer rides, or even commuting to work. For those trips that require a little more gear, a cargo / luggage rack is a must. We recently installed AltRider's new luggage/cargo rack on our Honda CRF450RL Project Bike. Here's what we think...
Installing the rack was super easy. AltRider has an install video on their YouTube page, which was very helpful. One of the real nice things about this particular rack is that you don't need to modify anything on the bike, so unlike alot of cargo racks, you don't need to drill holes in your rear fender. The AltRider rack mounts up from underneath the rear fender, using existing mounting points on the sub-frame. It will work with aftermarket tail lights or the stock tail light assembly.
• Luggage rack is laser cut from 3/16 inch (4.76 mm) aluminum
• Specially shaped cutouts accommodate a wide variety of hooks and straps
• All cutouts and edges have a coined profile to protect your straps
• Textured powder coat black 10 gauge steel brackets securely mount the rack to the sub-frame at six points
• Luggage rack top plate available in powder coat clear silver or textured black
• Pre-drilled for easy integration with Rotopax mounts so you can carry fuel and water packs
This rack works great on the CRF450L/RL. It's construction and fit/finish are typical AltRider, and as an added bonus, the rack looks really nice on the bike. We're using it with a Nelson Rigg Dual Sport/Enduro Tail Bag (see photo above), which fits the top plate of the rack perfectly. I like how narrow the rack is at the seat, so it doesn't stick out to the sides like some racks do. Additionally, some racks can make it a real pain to remove your seat with the rack installed, but with this rack that's no problem. Overall I'm really pleased with this cargo rack and don't think you can go wrong with it!
Honda CRF450RL 2021+
Honda CRF450L 2019-2020
WHERE TO BUY:
• CRF450RL AltRider Luggage Rack from Revzilla