We wanted to add front auxiliary LED lighting to our Tenere 700 Project Bike for a couple reasons.... first, so that the bike stands out more in traffic, and second, to provide better lighting if we ever get caught out on the road/trail after dark.
We've used Denali lighting on a few other bikes in the past, and it is super high quality stuff. For our Tenere, we decided to go with their small DM line of LED lights, and mounted them to the Auxiliary Light Mount that Denali makes for the Tenere 700 that bolts up under the stock headlight.
Some details on the Denali DM Lights...
• Use Hi Intensity CREE LED's
• Waterproof construction both on the light housing (even to the point of completely submerging the lights) and also a waterproof wiring harness
• Corrosion Proof Light Bezels made from 100% polycarbonate that won't rust, fade or corrode
• TriOptic Multi Beam Lens system allows you to swap in and out different lenses to change the pattern of the beam from Spot to Flood to a Hyrbid Beam. These lenses are included in the kit.
• Optional DataDim controller (recommended) will allow you to change to half and full intensity brightness using the bikes stock high/low beam switch
We couldn't be happier with these lights. Our bike is now much more visible on the road to on-coming traffic, and the super bright LED's work great on the road and trail after dark. The TriOptic Multi Beam Lens system is a real nice feature since it lets you customize the beam pattern by just changing lenses. I would definitely recommend the optional Dual-Intensity Controller, which allows you to use your bike's high/low beam switch to change the DM's from half bright to full bright. If you don't get that controller, then you control the lights from the kit's on/off handlebar switch, so they are either off or full bright, and when they are full bright, I think it's a bit too bright for on-coming traffic. Being able to use your bike's high/low beam switch to change the DM's from half bright to full bright is a nice feature that you get with the optional Dual-Intensity Controller.
• Tenere 700 Denali DM LED Lights and Mount Kit Review at YouTube
WHERE TO BUY:
• Denali DM 2.0 TriOptic LED Light Kit from Revzilla
• Denali 2.0 DataDim Dual-Intensity Controller from Revzilla
• Denali Auxiliary Light Mount for Yamaha Tenere 700 from Revzilla
VISIT DENALI LIGHTS WEBSITE: